Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork2013-08-12
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
Since my mother gave me her slow cooker, I’ve been able to show her how awesome crockpots are, especially in making barbecue pork. It’s so quick to assemble, and as long as you have the time, can be a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4lb) pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoon butter, or as needed
Pour vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork in as well. Pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth.
Stir in sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme.
Cover and cook on High for 5-6 hours, or until it shreds easily with a fork.
Remove the roast form the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
Butter the hamburger buns and toast. Spoon pork into the toasted buns and enjoy!
from: all recipes.com