Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup2013-08-12
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7m
- Ready In : 7m
- one onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can of whole kernel corn, OR 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn
- 1 (28oz) can of diced or pureed tomatoes
- 12 f.l. oz Corona beer, OR chicken stock
- 3 chicken breasts, or 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drums (may be frozen)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2-3 tbsp taco seasoning
Place beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, and beer into slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the next layer pressing down lightly until just covered by other ingredients.
Lay chicken breasts on top of the next layer, pressing down lightly until just covered by other ingredients.
Set slow cooker on LOW for 5 hours or HIGH for 2 1/2 hours
Once done, remove chicken, shred, and return back to the crockpot. Continue cooking for 2 hours.
Top individual bowls with tortilla chips, sour cream, and cilantro
revised from: allrecipes.com